By Liz Moyer
Investing.com — U.S. stocks wavered on Monday ahead of the Federal Reserve’s two-day monetary policy meeting. Here are the midday movers for Sept. 19:
- AutoZone Inc (NYSE:) stock fell 2.2% as the car parts retailer but outlined higher costs for the fiscal year that just ended and the near-term amid higher shipping costs.
- Coinbase Global Inc (NASDAQ:) shares fell 8.5% as tumbled below $19,000. Investors are fleeing risk assets as they anticipate another big interest rate increase from the Fed this week.
- Opendoor Technologies Inc (NASDAQ:) stock fell 6% after a report that the home flipper lost more than 40% on August resales amid a broader downturn in the housing market.
- Wix.Com Ltd (NASDAQ:) shares rose 13% after Starboard Value’s disclosure that it had taken a 9% stake in the cloud-based software firm.
- Lennar Corporation (NYSE:) shares rose 2% on hopes for a turnaround in the housing market. Lennar reports earnings later this week, with analysts expecting earnings of $4.86 a share on revenue of nearly $9 billion. Housing data including housing starts and building permits numbers are also due this week.